Totally played out..
Today is the day when my beloved NEL finally played out on me. The last time it died in the middle of the day, I wasn't affected. Talk about luck.
Anyway, was leaving SGH after a somehow particularly tiring day. The first thing I see is the shutters halfway down across the Outram NEL entrance.
Wuh..?
The crowd gathering outside + the SBS Transit pple in neon-red jackets finally registered in my mind. Wah lau. Bu4 shi4 ba...???
Thank goodness for the free shuttlebus that pulled up at that particular moment. Well, yes. It's their fault, so they should provide the free shuttlebus, huh? Anyway, was just glad that I managed to get a seat on the bus, and cozy up against the emergency exit and dozed off as the bus plowed its way from Outram to Chinatown to Clarke Quay, THEN to Park Mall, where we were unceremoniously ejected. Sheesh. Still have to walk.
So apparently it was due to a technical fault. Sheesh. Thought it was pretty miraculous that we managed to squeeze up the train at Dhoby Ghaut, considering the multitude of people waiting there. There were a couple of SBS "Goodwill Ambassadors" hanging around the MRT platform, explaining the techincal fault problem to some of the commuters. I dunno. Mebbe its the bad day. But it took me quite some amount of self-restraint not to go up and bite their heads off. It's not their fault right.
So my home ride ballooned from 17 minutes to 55 minutes. Sigh.
Please work by tomorrow morning. I hate the idea of being late for work.
Anyway, was leaving SGH after a somehow particularly tiring day. The first thing I see is the shutters halfway down across the Outram NEL entrance.
Wuh..?
The crowd gathering outside + the SBS Transit pple in neon-red jackets finally registered in my mind. Wah lau. Bu4 shi4 ba...???
Thank goodness for the free shuttlebus that pulled up at that particular moment. Well, yes. It's their fault, so they should provide the free shuttlebus, huh? Anyway, was just glad that I managed to get a seat on the bus, and cozy up against the emergency exit and dozed off as the bus plowed its way from Outram to Chinatown to Clarke Quay, THEN to Park Mall, where we were unceremoniously ejected. Sheesh. Still have to walk.
So apparently it was due to a technical fault. Sheesh. Thought it was pretty miraculous that we managed to squeeze up the train at Dhoby Ghaut, considering the multitude of people waiting there. There were a couple of SBS "Goodwill Ambassadors" hanging around the MRT platform, explaining the techincal fault problem to some of the commuters. I dunno. Mebbe its the bad day. But it took me quite some amount of self-restraint not to go up and bite their heads off. It's not their fault right.
So my home ride ballooned from 17 minutes to 55 minutes. Sigh.
Please work by tomorrow morning. I hate the idea of being late for work.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home