Fumbling around SGH..
After getting used to the layout at SGH, I'm trying to get back into the groove..
Life never seems to stop at SGH. People are always busy with something.. Lectures.. Tutorials.. Clerking.. Tumour boards.. Ward rounds.. M&Ms.. The week flies past you in a whirlwind.. In this past 2 and a half weeks, I've entered OT 3 times.. Not too bad - scrubbed up and even sutured a bit.. fun. =)
Even set my first plug.. Ok. so the first one wasn't a success, but the next one was quite good if i may say.. =P Ok, so today's one didn't go down too well either. So i'm down to 33%. But hey. It's not the % that counts. I do try my best.. Guess I need more practice.
Met up with them for dinner again today after lectures @ NUS. I must say its getting quite therapeutic.. Just eating dinner and talking. Even after a tiring day. Sometimes I wonder why I'm so tired when I get home. Is it the walking around in the hospitals? Lectures? Tutorials? Or the waiting? I dunno. Tonics, anyone?
Oh well. Night call tomorrow. Hope tomorrow's a good day and a good night.. I dun mind seeing cases.. And learning lots of stuff!! Just hope that I can catch up in my reading.. Oh oh. Maybe i'll get more chance to do more procedures tomorrow.. Hhmmm.
Life never seems to stop at SGH. People are always busy with something.. Lectures.. Tutorials.. Clerking.. Tumour boards.. Ward rounds.. M&Ms.. The week flies past you in a whirlwind.. In this past 2 and a half weeks, I've entered OT 3 times.. Not too bad - scrubbed up and even sutured a bit.. fun. =)
Even set my first plug.. Ok. so the first one wasn't a success, but the next one was quite good if i may say.. =P Ok, so today's one didn't go down too well either. So i'm down to 33%. But hey. It's not the % that counts. I do try my best.. Guess I need more practice.
Met up with them for dinner again today after lectures @ NUS. I must say its getting quite therapeutic.. Just eating dinner and talking. Even after a tiring day. Sometimes I wonder why I'm so tired when I get home. Is it the walking around in the hospitals? Lectures? Tutorials? Or the waiting? I dunno. Tonics, anyone?
Oh well. Night call tomorrow. Hope tomorrow's a good day and a good night.. I dun mind seeing cases.. And learning lots of stuff!! Just hope that I can catch up in my reading.. Oh oh. Maybe i'll get more chance to do more procedures tomorrow.. Hhmmm.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home