dEaR dIaRy..

Saturday, July 22, 2006

I don't know how much more of this I can take. It's already 4 weeks. I thought the time tabling was getting better with less lectures and tutorials.

Don't get me wrong. I love SGH. I like what I'm doing as a medical student. It's never been a wrong choice.

But I don't know how much more of phone callings and room bookings I can take. It's getting downright frustrating. Red tape mumbo-jumbo. Minimum 1 phone call a day. It does take the joy out of SGH a little. You have no idea.

Having to coordinate the activities of 23 different peoples in 3 groups with different time table. It's tiring. When lectures get postponed, I have to remember to call back the person to rearrange it. When things clash, I am first up. When timings clash, my phone rings. When locations clash, I'm there. When tutors show me their temper, I brave the hurricane front. It's tiring.

It's equally irritating and tiring to have someone from very high up, call you in the middle of the lecture / tutorial, and demand that you ensure that ALL your members appear for a certain meeting at a certain timing, otherwise you will get into trouble. It's equally irritating to be told in that high-and-mighty voice what to do. Come on. I didn't ask for this. I thought I'd be helping my group by volunteering my services for 8 weeks. I didn't ask for a promotion to handle the affairs of 16 other people; to be first in line of fire.

I'm not asking for gratitude or anything. Speaking of which, thanks Kokwei.. Some words of encouragement along the way would be great. Especially you. I recalled asking if you needed help some 8 weeks ago. At least I volunteered. Now? I don't know.

Thank you girls, for taking some load off by helping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home