"Horrific" Day
I seem to be making enemies these few weeks.
No. Not exactly a joyous affair.
Anyway, the affair goes that my group was supposed to have tutorial with Prof C this morning. Well, for those who know, Prof C is REALLY fierce.. -_-""" Yes. So, imagine my horror last night at 9pm when I realised that we were supposed to have a tutorial with him today, and I had totally forgotten to call him and arrange with him on Friday.
Nvm. Resolved to call him this morning. Got sidetracked after ward rounds by 2 cases assigned to clerk. And horror 1 - Maaz called, telling me that Prof C had wondered "Where is the group rep that is supposed to have tutorial with me this morning?"
And I'm like, "Oops."
After a frantic phonecall back, he was surprisingly nice about the whole affair, and said to book the library (this was abt 9am?) Tried calling Ms Zainab to book the library, but she said to call her back in 5mins.. Anyway, I was further sidetracked by trying to find a case for my case report. Fast forward 11am. Sat down for an early lunch at the cafe, trying to organise my thoughts. Horror 2 - I forgot to call back!!!!
Argh. Another frantic phonecall to GS - horror 3: the library was booked already!!! ARGH. Well, I suppose even if I had called her earlier in the day, it would also have been booked. Anyway, there I was - 11.30, with less than an hour to go before the tutorial at 12.30pm, and I had happily told everyone that the tutorial was at the GS library at 12.30pm. *Groans*
Rushed into the MSC to try to book the rooms and laptops, but then horror 4 - I realised that the coms did not have the isoft system to access the database! ARGH!!! And to think I had gone to the trouble of going to the dean's office to book the MSC at a last minute, earning a earful from the lady there. Please lah. You think I really like booking things last minute meh.
Yes. So effectively, I had NO location for the tutorial!!! ARGH. And I was so going to get screwed up side down by Prof C. O_O""""" So there I was, groaning in front of the stupid computer screen, staring at the facilities reservation system. Then along came W. He sat down beside me and asked what's wrong. So I told him.
And then, he made some tsk-tsk noises, and said something totally unsympathetic, which shocked me and totally made me lose my cool. So I just told W to "shut the hell up" and stalked out of the MSC backdoor.
Well, pretty tame actually. But in between trying to blast that idiot, and trying to maintain my cool and composed image in front of so many M5s who were staring at us in the MSC (1 of which was actually my senior), that was the best I could muster.
Grr.
Totally dreaded the phone call back to Prof C half an hour before the tutorial. Surprisingly, he sounded pretty decent about it. Even though it was my fault lah, and he did scold me a little, but it wasn't as bad as i expected. Phew.
Anyway, thanks to everyone else who tried to help me think of solutions to solve the dearth of tutorial locations! Thanks for your encouragement! Really appreciated it! =)
No. Not exactly a joyous affair.
Anyway, the affair goes that my group was supposed to have tutorial with Prof C this morning. Well, for those who know, Prof C is REALLY fierce.. -_-""" Yes. So, imagine my horror last night at 9pm when I realised that we were supposed to have a tutorial with him today, and I had totally forgotten to call him and arrange with him on Friday.
Nvm. Resolved to call him this morning. Got sidetracked after ward rounds by 2 cases assigned to clerk. And horror 1 - Maaz called, telling me that Prof C had wondered "Where is the group rep that is supposed to have tutorial with me this morning?"
And I'm like, "Oops."
After a frantic phonecall back, he was surprisingly nice about the whole affair, and said to book the library (this was abt 9am?) Tried calling Ms Zainab to book the library, but she said to call her back in 5mins.. Anyway, I was further sidetracked by trying to find a case for my case report. Fast forward 11am. Sat down for an early lunch at the cafe, trying to organise my thoughts. Horror 2 - I forgot to call back!!!!
Argh. Another frantic phonecall to GS - horror 3: the library was booked already!!! ARGH. Well, I suppose even if I had called her earlier in the day, it would also have been booked. Anyway, there I was - 11.30, with less than an hour to go before the tutorial at 12.30pm, and I had happily told everyone that the tutorial was at the GS library at 12.30pm. *Groans*
Rushed into the MSC to try to book the rooms and laptops, but then horror 4 - I realised that the coms did not have the isoft system to access the database! ARGH!!! And to think I had gone to the trouble of going to the dean's office to book the MSC at a last minute, earning a earful from the lady there. Please lah. You think I really like booking things last minute meh.
Yes. So effectively, I had NO location for the tutorial!!! ARGH. And I was so going to get screwed up side down by Prof C. O_O""""" So there I was, groaning in front of the stupid computer screen, staring at the facilities reservation system. Then along came W. He sat down beside me and asked what's wrong. So I told him.
And then, he made some tsk-tsk noises, and said something totally unsympathetic, which shocked me and totally made me lose my cool. So I just told W to "shut the hell up" and stalked out of the MSC backdoor.
Well, pretty tame actually. But in between trying to blast that idiot, and trying to maintain my cool and composed image in front of so many M5s who were staring at us in the MSC (1 of which was actually my senior), that was the best I could muster.
Grr.
Totally dreaded the phone call back to Prof C half an hour before the tutorial. Surprisingly, he sounded pretty decent about it. Even though it was my fault lah, and he did scold me a little, but it wasn't as bad as i expected. Phew.
Anyway, thanks to everyone else who tried to help me think of solutions to solve the dearth of tutorial locations! Thanks for your encouragement! Really appreciated it! =)





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home