dEaR dIaRy..

Monday, May 07, 2007

2 Left Feet

Found myself at another family day event just 2 days ago on Saturday, with my family and my aunt.. This one was more up my alley - a guided walk along some of the latest (ok, not exactly latest, but i haven't been there since it's been constructed) walkways spanning the Changi Beachfront.. Now, if you recall the newspaper article back a long time ago, the Government and NParks created this really beautiful and serene walkway along the Changi Beach front, which spans from Changi Village, to Pasir Ris Park, and towards Ponggol. Following the 3+km walkway, you get to enjoy the scenery of the Singapore coast, take in the luscious greenery behind you, and just enjoy the tranquility of it all.

Now, being pretty much a pro-environment type of person, greenery is so my type. Totally enjoyed the walk along the idyllic boardwalks. Along the way, you meet the avid fishermen and their lines, and the various families camping out along the beach, enjoying the peaceful Saturday afternoon.. I've always wanted to head down to check out the area, its a pity that it's so FAR away.. OMG. Sans the single bus that serves that area, you definitely need some sort of car to make sure that travelling there ain't a hassle.

Anyway, yeah, our guide was real nice! Regaled us with interesting trivia on the various coastal features, the wildlife encountered, and the historical backgrounds of the various landmarks along the way.

Definitely worth a second visit. Especially during the late afternoon to catch the sunset.. =) Who wants to go? Call me! =P

***

Oh, anyway, there was dinner provided after that. What I hadn't factored in, was that there was gonna be entertainment performances after that - there was actually a line dance performance! Ok, i wasn't exactly psyched up about a line dance performance, after all, what i know abt it, is that it's something that the middle aged and elderly people do at the CCs in their free time? (Sorry to all those line-dancers out there, but the media ain't exactly portraying a picture of youth for line-dancing)

Yeah, but here's the clincher. I was actually sitting at the table close to the performers in the centre aisle, and my seat was actually NEXT to the aisle. (Hey! Not my choice loh. Sheesh.) Yeah, so after their 3 dance items, they actually started asking pple to come up and dance with them while they teach the simple dance sequence for the simpler songs. From the corner of my eye, I caught this lady turn towards me, going "Young Man! Come come!!" Mortified, I turned my chair around and grabbed my glass in an attempt to ward off her oncoming onslaught.. O_O"""" The next thing i knew, the lady had grabbed my bro off against his protests.. *Phew.. Escaped one round. Hee hee.. =P

After 1 dance learning routine, they actually had another one!? OMG. Things were much faster this round. The lady grabbed my aunt, who actually grabbed me, and against my wishes,was yanked onto the dance floor. OMG. I don't do dancing. Let alone line-dancing. -_-"

(Hhmmm.. realise that I'm starting to sound like Linken during our cableski trip to Batam.. =P)

Anyway, since I was already there, I decided to be a bit more sporting and less of a wet blanket.. Yeah, so under her tutelage, I actually kinda mastered that simple dance routine quickly, and in a warped way, was actually kinda having some semblance of fun, hidden behind the front row dancers.. =P

My conclusion? Well, imho, line dancing seems to have 2 basic step routines, which are built into the songs with their own variations and adaptations so that they becoming unique! =P Oh, and it ain't exactly a walk in the park either. The small muscles of my feet and my tibialis anterior were already starting to complain after more than 10 minutes with the unfamiliar exercise routine. (Hey, its a totally different muscle set from your badminton feet muscles.. =P)

Yeah, so guess I've found my post-retirement plans already before I even start work.. =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home