dEaR dIaRy..

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

It's been a while since I last posted. Ortho has been quite tiring. Think i'm suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome. =P Oh heck. I'm sure everyone's feeling equally drained 8 weeks into a posting after Pros with no break in between, and the study "break" before that.

Anyway, had call on last Thursday, but was rather un-exciting. =P Oops. Medical students. So Chris and I headed off to a diff Reg's clinic on Friday afternoon, who happened to be on call. Midway into clinics, he was called out to see an urgent trauma RTA referral to Ortho, and the both of us tagged along to see the patient.

Ooohhh.. RTA with open tib/fib fractures and multiple abrasions everywhere, kiv compartment syndrome. Poor guy. Had to try to find a available EOT slot for him. Thankfully he was wheeled in soon after. And both Chris and I tagged along into the OT to watch the op. Yay the Regs and MOs are super-nice! =) Let both of us scrub up, and help out (of course, doing stuff that didn't require too much brain power. =P But hey, beats being treated as part of the wallpaper). Suturing up after that was quite fun, as it reminded me of Surg days. Hhmmm. Almost half a year ago. I remember MC was asking me just 3 days before how to do a suture, and I was like, Erm... and thankfully after ten minutes of digging in the dusty closets of my memory, I actually remembered how to do the instrument tie! Came in useful.. Heehee.. =)

Saturday evening was the long awaited CHP outing to Sushi tei, Vivocity! Well, it was kinda my first time to Sushi tei, and wow, the decor at its Vivocity branch is simply fantastic. The eating area is screened away from the entrance of the restaurant, with bamboo-lined walkway in. The view overlooking the seafront, and looking across into Sentosa.. Too bad it was spoiled by the fact that there were pple actually walking outside the glass walls and peering in at times into the restaurant. Was quite satisfied with my dish of ebi yasai don. Mmmmm.. they had nice desserts.. =)

Think we "traumatized" half the patrons there - considering we were the largest group there, and hopefully weren't making too much noise.. =P Spent the rest of the night lazing at the top of Vivocity, enjoying the clear night sky and the pleasant company. Mmmmm...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
At the roof top of Vivocity! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home