dEaR dIaRy..

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Ortho Night Call

Ortho's been pretty enjoyable so far, somewhat like surgery.. =)

Joined my HO on 2 active calls this week on Monday & Friday respectively. Monday's call was quite crazy, with TTSH being filled to the brim once again as patients were waiting at the ED for beds upstairs. As a result, we hopped down to the ED to review a couple of new cases. It's been a long time since I set any IV plug / drawn blood, and am kinda relieved and glad that I could still do so, despite feeling rather nervous that the patient was going "Don't put the needle wrongly hah! The last time my mother came, her hand swollen!"

Hhmmm. Fractures, falls, DM feet, bursitis. Wow. What a day. 2 bursitis in a day.

On the flip side, today's call was totally the opposite. I can't belief that I was so free during the afternoon and evening. Sheesh. Talk about luck (good luck for the on-call team anyway). Had quite an enjoyable time talking to my HO during the "not-so-busy" times.. Luckily for me, things picked up pace post-dinner.. But otherwise, all in all a quiet night..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home