dEaR dIaRy..

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Sunday
Finally. A slack day. Woke up really late close to 10am, thanks to getting into bed only at 4am. Talk about sleep deprivation - this person needs his daily shut-eyes. =)

Nice lazy Sundays, with no one at home but me. Took the quiet solitude to catch up on some house-cleaning. Yes yes.. I foresee some "matronly" remarks coming my way.. Mmmmm. Nice Sunday. =)

Monday
And so the whole schedule thing starts again.

Ok, so today the viva list is supposed to be out. Was talking to so many pple online in the morning, who were fretting over the viva list. And of course, heard the stories of how many people were in school camping out at the various boards. When the moment finally, came, the poor soul from the MB dept who was holding the viva list, had hordes of eager M2s descend upon him like starved vultures closing in for the kill.

Anyway, while almost half the population was in school, my anat group was camping out at Marina Square kbox.. =P Quite determined not to let the delay in the viva list release spoil our outing plan. Of course, we were also anxiously waiting lahz.. Any phonecall which anyone got during the wait, was greeted with anticipated looks.. Thankfully no one in my anat group got extinction vivas.. Phew~ And so it was an afternoon of kbox and dinner, before everyone starts flying off to Australia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Europe, and whateva exotic places while poor me stays in the sunny island of Singapore.

Bleah.

Oh, I realised that the new revamped Marina Square is actually quite nice inside! =) The shops are of higher quality, and its so much spacious inside! =)) I remember the old management made it so that the walkways were SSSOOOOOO crowded at all times, it was just absolutely tiring looking down the length of the shopping centre, seeing the hordes of people in your way. Thankfully, the walkways are now nice and wide! =) The lighting's excellent, and there are plenty of nice chairs for you to rest your tired legs after shopping.. =) *I shall go there more often. =)*

Tuesday
Another day, another exercise regime.

Was grilled thoroughly by my mom, who insisted that I have been doing too much excursions out of the house, and made me stay home for lunch today. -_-""" Anyway, met Huiwen, Jan & Susan in the afternoon for ice-skating! =) It's been a super super long time since I skated.. Yah, and the last time I skated, I was married to the wall for a pretty long time then.

My 4th trip to the Fuji Ice Palace! =) If I'm not wrong, there Kallang one closed down a few years back? So I tink this is the only place left for ice skating? Anyway, coming back to the point. It was quite a task pyscho-ing Janice to ice-skate wif us. She came up with the most creative of excuses, like, "Oh, no socks." - can buy inside one, "Oh, I don't know how to skate" - that's why come here to learn!. In the end, I thought she skated pretty well for a first-timer.. =)

As usual, I was decked out in pants complete with sweater (just in case I fall down lah. Don't wanna cut myself) But it was getting quite hot after a while.. -_-"""

Yay, I thought I did better this round.. =) Was only married to the wall for the 1st hour, after which, I could skate around pretty freely.. =D Eh.. not my fault loh.. I so high centre of gravity.. Must take longer to find my element mah.. =) And the music playing in the background was so lovely - haha.. so many love songs, which fit the mood perfectly.. =D Anyway, thankfully for the 1st hour we were there, the further semi-circle part of the field wasn't cordoned off for ice skating lessons. After an hour or so, the cones came out to prevent normal people like us from entering the "teaching arena", so mortals like us could only follow the field along its 2 lengths, and 1 semi-circle perimeter, before making what I call, the "Great Divide". -_-"" Quite treacherous for first timers loh.. Sheesh.

Of course, after 4 hours of non-stop skating, my feet were tired.. XP I must have used so many muscle groups which I never knew existed!! It was getting so tiring, I was coming up with all sorts of creative ways to cheat in my moves - from swinging my arms to use my momentum to move forward, to gliding for longer periods of time after fewer number of leg strokes. =P

Finally, we gave up and went down to the Kopitiam for high-tea.. =) It was really pleasant just sitting there and talking about everything under the sun, relaxing, enjoying the company.. =) Too bad Chris is in US now..

HW, Serine - dinner sat, k? =D You all go catch the concert first then i'll join u all later? hope you all dun mind a late-ish dinner? =P If not I join you all after dinner.. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home