Night Crawl
Went out last night.. I can almost imagine my "expedition" out last night in an imaginary conversation with certain pple..
Me: "Oh, I went shopping last night.."
X: "Gasp! Alvin Tng = shopping? not mugging?? Where did you go?"
Me: "Nothing lah.. Just went Orchard OG.. They were having a sale for the members.."
X: *Almost in cardiac arrest now* "OG??? Isn't that the aunties' haven? Since when did you join their club??"
Ok, before I get harrassed over my poor taste of shopping locations the next time I walk out on the street, how abt some facts..
Was running an errand for my mom last night. Yepz, OG did have its 2nd anniversary for its Orchard branch opening yesterday, and I never imagined OG to actually have SO many members.. -_-" The place was literally crowded (I suppose I will only see such crowds during the GSS in July..), and there were even guards to check the membership card / entry ticket before you can enter.. Not every tom, dick, harry can anyhow walk in it seems..
To say a word in fairness to OG, it has changed a lot from the way it used to be. There's actually a floor dedicated to the other sex now.. Although yes, its target audience is obviously the women from all walks of life, but the men's section actually has decent stuff. From executive wear with decent brands like GoldLion, Arnold Palmer... to stuff for the younger people, like Giordano, Addidas, Billabong, Camel wear, Fila - so yah, OG is taking a step in the right direction to diversify its offerings to the consumer base.
Anyway, yah, was there buying pillows for my mom.. they were on offer.. =) Well, since I was there, might as well walk around and have a look at some of the stuff right? Not exactly the hardest thing to do - considering OG has only 1 Basement floor dedicated to the XY gender. -_-"
In my brisk 10 minute walk, I actually found a nice shirt that I wanted to buy! Hah! 'Twas this nice orange long sleeved shirt with white areas on it - the orange is the perfect orange!!! Haha.. Those who know me, know that when it comes to shopping, and I get to CHOOSE the clothes I want to buy, I can be REALLY REALLY picky.. So I thought I had found quite a gem.. =D Then, my brother decided that he was getting it. -_-"" Well, fine and dandy - I can wear his shirt too I suppose.. Then the next thing I knew, he was getting an L size, which is potentially going to be too wide for me! ARGH. (My only hope now is that it actually looks OK on me if / when I wear it out one day.. )
Fine. No shirt. Walk around some more. Stumbled upon shoes! Aha! I could do with a new pair of sports shoes, plus, they were almost going on half-price somemore.
Me: "Excuse me, do you have size 9 1/2?"
Saleslady: "Oh sorry, our biggest size is only 9. We don't have sizes bigger than 9."
ARGH!!! Which shoe company doesn't make sizes bigger than 9???? My feet aren't exactly very big loh. I would have thought 12 would be the biggest size that ANY shoe company would make. Why stop at 9 only??? Sheesh.
Fine. No shirt. No shoes. I shall wait patiently for the GSS in July to do my shopping.
Me: "Oh, I went shopping last night.."
X: "Gasp! Alvin Tng = shopping? not mugging?? Where did you go?"
Me: "Nothing lah.. Just went Orchard OG.. They were having a sale for the members.."
X: *Almost in cardiac arrest now* "OG??? Isn't that the aunties' haven? Since when did you join their club??"
Ok, before I get harrassed over my poor taste of shopping locations the next time I walk out on the street, how abt some facts..
Was running an errand for my mom last night. Yepz, OG did have its 2nd anniversary for its Orchard branch opening yesterday, and I never imagined OG to actually have SO many members.. -_-" The place was literally crowded (I suppose I will only see such crowds during the GSS in July..), and there were even guards to check the membership card / entry ticket before you can enter.. Not every tom, dick, harry can anyhow walk in it seems..
To say a word in fairness to OG, it has changed a lot from the way it used to be. There's actually a floor dedicated to the other sex now.. Although yes, its target audience is obviously the women from all walks of life, but the men's section actually has decent stuff. From executive wear with decent brands like GoldLion, Arnold Palmer... to stuff for the younger people, like Giordano, Addidas, Billabong, Camel wear, Fila - so yah, OG is taking a step in the right direction to diversify its offerings to the consumer base.
Anyway, yah, was there buying pillows for my mom.. they were on offer.. =) Well, since I was there, might as well walk around and have a look at some of the stuff right? Not exactly the hardest thing to do - considering OG has only 1 Basement floor dedicated to the XY gender. -_-"
In my brisk 10 minute walk, I actually found a nice shirt that I wanted to buy! Hah! 'Twas this nice orange long sleeved shirt with white areas on it - the orange is the perfect orange!!! Haha.. Those who know me, know that when it comes to shopping, and I get to CHOOSE the clothes I want to buy, I can be REALLY REALLY picky.. So I thought I had found quite a gem.. =D Then, my brother decided that he was getting it. -_-"" Well, fine and dandy - I can wear his shirt too I suppose.. Then the next thing I knew, he was getting an L size, which is potentially going to be too wide for me! ARGH. (My only hope now is that it actually looks OK on me if / when I wear it out one day.. )
Fine. No shirt. Walk around some more. Stumbled upon shoes! Aha! I could do with a new pair of sports shoes, plus, they were almost going on half-price somemore.
Me: "Excuse me, do you have size 9 1/2?"
Saleslady: "Oh sorry, our biggest size is only 9. We don't have sizes bigger than 9."
ARGH!!! Which shoe company doesn't make sizes bigger than 9???? My feet aren't exactly very big loh. I would have thought 12 would be the biggest size that ANY shoe company would make. Why stop at 9 only??? Sheesh.
Fine. No shirt. No shoes. I shall wait patiently for the GSS in July to do my shopping.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home