dEaR dIaRy..

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

More Burfdae Celebs.. =)

Saturday Contd.
As I mentioned, I rushed home from Sentosa to head to the evening party. Haha.. Special occasion mah, must wear a bit nicer.. Plus there was the post-party programme to take into consideration also.. So cannot wear too shabbily.

Phew~ Thankfully for post-Christmas shopping. Found the most suitable shirt in my wardrobe which otherwise lacks that type of clothes. Urgh. Thanks to my recent re-interest in swimming, the chlorine water does no favours for my hair. -_-""" There I was, almost 7pm, still stuck in my bathroom, trying to plaster down my uncooperative strands of hair with generous amounts of gel, yet trying not to look uber-geeky, while rushing to meet Janice at 7.30pm..

I must haf done my fastest speedwalking from Chinatown NEL to Ember Restaurant, while trying to ensure that my hair doesn't derive a mind of its own and stand up again. -_-"""" Fine. So I was 3 minutes late. -_-" But not everyone was there yet mah.. Ok ok.. I shan't talk too much here.. Let the pictures speak their thousand words! =)

Image hosting by Photobucket
My table! (Yes, I had the honour of 6 ladies to grace my table.. =P)

Dinner was a smooth affair.. Was quite fun talking to Nat's mum and godmother.. =)

Except for a minor glitch.

I was headed to the washroom, and was told to walk all the way and turn left. Which I did. Now, having walked all the way, i reached this sort of "reading area", where there was this guy reading a magazine on the couch. And on the left, were 2 metallic doors. "Wah, metallic door. Quite posh toilet." I thought, and tried to pull the handles. "Eh. How come locked? No indicator whether anyone in there leh.."

Sheesh. I should have taken this as my first sign that something was wrong. Just then, I noticed the guy staring at me weirdly.. O_O OH NO!!! Must be wrong place!! ARGH. I turned and stalked off back towards the restaurant at the fastest possible pace, trying to salvage some face. Eeps. Thankfully, Janise came out and pointed out the washrooms. Wah lau. So mah-lu-ating. -_-"""

After dinner and the cake ceremony, we headed over to Ministry of Sound for the post-dinner party.. =)

Ok, so we got kinda lost trying to get to MoS via NEL and good old chopsticks, but hey, its our first time there wat. And my goodness.. The area outside MoS was uber smoky.. There's like this cloud of death hovering outside the entrance to MoS lah. Freaky. Plus the logo looked a bit like a skull at midnight.. O_O

Thankfully we skipped the queue and waded into the very crowded MoS. Immediately, we got lost. Fine. I got lost. But somehow, our little group still managed to wade through the hordes of pple gyrating mindlessly to the blaring music from the loud speakers, to the room where the party was being held.

OMG. The smoke in there was equally bad as outside. The people in there were literally puffing away like chimneys! -_-""" Turn every corner, you can see couples snuggling up in one corner, hands all over each other; or somebody puffing away on cigarettes; or another person downing shots like they were water. Ok lah. So I suaku lah.. First time here. But hey. Not exactly pleasant watching.

Anyway, thank goodness for the room which Nat booked! The air-conditioning and the filter must have been working overtime to keep the air inside pure and clean. Phew~ I must have lost many years of my lifespan wandering in the cloud of death outside! I'm almost a teetotaller. I don't drink unless REALLY necessary, like when a toast to someone? But even then, its just smth of a little sip.

Yah, so there I was, past midnight, in MoS, so totally out of my element. (Gosh. I'm starting to sound so much like Linken. Not a good thing.) Staring at the pace and number of shots and lychee martinis and alcoholic whatnots being downed, feeling a little out of place. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one, and for us, the party quickly progressed to a sort of prom-like event, with us taking photos of each other.. Haha.. =)

Image hosting by Photobucket

Photos?

Image hosting by Photobucket
That's Shaan's sister, Lynn! =D

More photos!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
Still sober!!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Of cos lah, I din stay in the room throughout the whole time.. Wandered around MoS and explored the different rooms.. Quite an experience, I must say. Haha.. If you want to know exactly what, you'll have to ask me when you meet me.. =)

Happy 21st birthday Nat!!! =) May all your wishes come true in your special year!!! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home