Of Women & Shoe Shops..
Wednesday blitzed past with lunch kbox and dinner with my junior in the evening. Spaggedies was actually quite nice. =) She being the vegetarian nut, we went for the vegetarian pasta, which was actually really delicious! Haha.. I'm obviously the omnivore type. Walked about Marina Square again and had green tea ice cream. Ok, not impressive, but still quite decent.
I suppose what was interesting was my visit to the shoe shop. -_-"
Her sandals were dying, so i helpfully pointed out Charles & Keith's near the entrance of Marina. Verdict? "Aiyoh, you can see all the women wearing Charles & keith's shoes, its so plain!" -_-"""
So off we trooped to CityLink's VNC shoe shop. The first thing I noticed when I stepped inside VNC, was that I contributed the only Y chromosome in the vicinity. -_-"" She just very business-mindedly walked the rows of shoes, picking out the ones that caught her eye, which she was going to try on all at one shot. Oh, I've figured out why shoe shops always have chairs in them. Definitely not for the women to sit. (Well, that's an added bonus). But the chairs must be for the guys who accompany their female frens, gfs, wives, colleagues, .. to relax and wait while the gals, well, literally "put their best foot forward" in their potential-new shoes.
So there I was, giving my "expert" male opinions on her chosen footware, casting wary glances all around me at the oestrogen-filled environment. Thankfully, soon 2 other guys came in with their partners, and yes, they sat down on the same cushion chairs while waiting for their partners to choose their shoes.. =P And they were doing the same thing as I was - giving male practical advice on the shoes, like:
XY: "oh, this colour ah? Nah.. It gets dirty easily.."
XX: "Yah yah.. I don't want to wash my sandals everyday.."
XX: "How arh? The heels so high, but I like the colour leh.."
XY: "You want to fall flat on your face and be unglam, or you wanna walk properly?"
Ok lah, so it was a crude replica of possible conversations that could have happened. But hey, I think I did dish out some pretty good fashion advice to her - I had personally earmarked 2 pairs of sandals which she would buy in the end, and true enuff, I was accurate. =) Oh, and the prices at VNC are quite reasonable, quite similar to Charles & Keith's, and the designs are decent I guess, considering I haven walked into Charles & Keith's yet, but hey, so if you're looking out for your next footware, do consider VNC (for gals only. Duh.)
I suppose what was interesting was my visit to the shoe shop. -_-"
Her sandals were dying, so i helpfully pointed out Charles & Keith's near the entrance of Marina. Verdict? "Aiyoh, you can see all the women wearing Charles & keith's shoes, its so plain!" -_-"""
So off we trooped to CityLink's VNC shoe shop. The first thing I noticed when I stepped inside VNC, was that I contributed the only Y chromosome in the vicinity. -_-"" She just very business-mindedly walked the rows of shoes, picking out the ones that caught her eye, which she was going to try on all at one shot. Oh, I've figured out why shoe shops always have chairs in them. Definitely not for the women to sit. (Well, that's an added bonus). But the chairs must be for the guys who accompany their female frens, gfs, wives, colleagues, .. to relax and wait while the gals, well, literally "put their best foot forward" in their potential-new shoes.
So there I was, giving my "expert" male opinions on her chosen footware, casting wary glances all around me at the oestrogen-filled environment. Thankfully, soon 2 other guys came in with their partners, and yes, they sat down on the same cushion chairs while waiting for their partners to choose their shoes.. =P And they were doing the same thing as I was - giving male practical advice on the shoes, like:
XY: "oh, this colour ah? Nah.. It gets dirty easily.."
XX: "Yah yah.. I don't want to wash my sandals everyday.."
XX: "How arh? The heels so high, but I like the colour leh.."
XY: "You want to fall flat on your face and be unglam, or you wanna walk properly?"
Ok lah, so it was a crude replica of possible conversations that could have happened. But hey, I think I did dish out some pretty good fashion advice to her - I had personally earmarked 2 pairs of sandals which she would buy in the end, and true enuff, I was accurate. =) Oh, and the prices at VNC are quite reasonable, quite similar to Charles & Keith's, and the designs are decent I guess, considering I haven walked into Charles & Keith's yet, but hey, so if you're looking out for your next footware, do consider VNC (for gals only. Duh.)





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home