The HDB Heartlands..
On a slightly less serious note.. =D
Was studying at home this afternoon (hey, the CA's only in 3 day's time) alone, since everybody else was out at work.. Just sat down at my table after reading the papers, when I heard this soft sound..
* Ever looked out the windows these few days? Yepz. It ALWAYS rains in the afternoon - even though it stops for an hour or so, it periodically starts and stops all the way till sun sets. *
Yah, coming back to my story, so I peered up from my patho notes, and saw the rain drops starting to fall on my mom's nice soon-to-be-dry-laundry hanging outside on the bamboo poles, hopped up, and ran for the kitchen!
After quickly skewing all 6 bamboos safely back in the kitchen, I peered out and realised that I was the only one who had noticed the silent rainfall, for the other household's laundry bamboos were still hanging out in the rain, kinda damp by now..
So I stood there for a second, wondering if I should be kind and hao3 xin1, you know? Well, new year mah, must be nice to people rite? Haha.. So I pulled back the aluminium window grills, stuck my head out of my comfortable 2nd-storey flat, and yelled out,
"xia4 yu3 le4!!"
(translation: raining already!! Crap. I need to get some Chinese language writing programme.)
And then I quickly stuck my head back in, while peering up to see if there was anybody rushing to grab their clothes.
10 seconds.
30 seconds.
1 minute.
2 minute.
Not even a stir!!! Sheesh. So mah-lu-ating!!! Guess the old "kampong spirit" that HDB hopes to foster in the HDB "heartlands" is still sorely lacking.
As for me, I'm never gonna do that again!!!! =P
Was studying at home this afternoon (hey, the CA's only in 3 day's time) alone, since everybody else was out at work.. Just sat down at my table after reading the papers, when I heard this soft sound..
* Ever looked out the windows these few days? Yepz. It ALWAYS rains in the afternoon - even though it stops for an hour or so, it periodically starts and stops all the way till sun sets. *
Yah, coming back to my story, so I peered up from my patho notes, and saw the rain drops starting to fall on my mom's nice soon-to-be-dry-laundry hanging outside on the bamboo poles, hopped up, and ran for the kitchen!
After quickly skewing all 6 bamboos safely back in the kitchen, I peered out and realised that I was the only one who had noticed the silent rainfall, for the other household's laundry bamboos were still hanging out in the rain, kinda damp by now..
So I stood there for a second, wondering if I should be kind and hao3 xin1, you know? Well, new year mah, must be nice to people rite? Haha.. So I pulled back the aluminium window grills, stuck my head out of my comfortable 2nd-storey flat, and yelled out,
"xia4 yu3 le4!!"
(translation: raining already!! Crap. I need to get some Chinese language writing programme.)
And then I quickly stuck my head back in, while peering up to see if there was anybody rushing to grab their clothes.
10 seconds.
30 seconds.
1 minute.
2 minute.
Not even a stir!!! Sheesh. So mah-lu-ating!!! Guess the old "kampong spirit" that HDB hopes to foster in the HDB "heartlands" is still sorely lacking.
As for me, I'm never gonna do that again!!!! =P





1 Comments:
oh man, thats so nice of you!
nah.. maybe its just the ototoxity from antibiotics. they can't hear you dude!
otherwise, its cuz all laundry is done by philipino maids...and they don't get chinese. :)
By
Ou yang, Chicken EATER! *rarrs!*, at 2:13 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home