Movies Galore!!
Headed down to Marina on Monday to catch the latest Harry Potter movie instalment on book 4! =D Although I missed out on the 2nd & 3rd movies, I wasn't going to miss out on this one, since it features the highly-anticipated Triwizard tournament! =D
Verdict? Well, seriously, I thought it was pretty well done.. =D Ok lah, might not be award-winning based on very very high standards, but it was good enough for me! =D Fleur was so pretty! Cho was ok lah.. -_-" And the rest of the girls were swooning over Tom Felton as Cedric Diggory, and admiring his sharp jaw line (to which I had to re-examine one of those publicity posters after the movie ended, to check if it was really sharp -_-") The girls thought Viktor was not handsome enough, which made me raise 1 eyebrow. It's sure hard to fathom a girl's mind. -_-"
Anyway, yepz, I liked the fact that the quidditch was done and over with in a few minutes, though when the movie started, I was pretty lost, cos its been a while since i last read the Goblet of Fire book. And the movie moved quickly into the exciting bits fast enough.. The challenges were quite well-filmed, especially the maze one, which was my favourite - though my only grouse was that it seemed that Fleur was like a wallpaper character, quite irrelevant rite? She more or less disappeared after the 2nd challenge when she came out early from the merpeople challenge.
2 haunting scenes still remain in my mind at times. The 1st must be the scene of Cedric dying in the graveyard. The acting was superb, I must admit. It was so sudden, so cold, and so sad, that some of the girls cried when their eye-candy died.. -_-""""
The other haunting scene was in the maze challenge, when Viktor Krum was imperio-ed. You know, after Fleur fell out, there was this scene in the maze when the 3 guys clashed, and Viktor blasted at Cedric? There was this fleeting shot of Viktor, with his eyes totally glazed over, which was creepy and haunting..
Yah, to have made such an impact, I thought it was quite a good movie.. =P of course, that's just my 2 cents worth..
Today: met up with Edwin, Frank & Chris to watch "Sky High" at Orchard Cineleisure. Its the last day of its running, (even GV has stopped showing it) and I was surprised that there were still quite a lot of people watching it, so that we were in the front half of the theatre. -_-" but the seats were still ok for the duration of the movie.
A casual glance and 1 may dismiss "Sky High" as a gimmicky movie for kids below 9 years of age. But hey, its seriously not a bad movie! =D It was light-hearted and funny, not the lame humour kind, but seriously entertaining and engaging humour. The characters were quite well played out, and captured the audiences' hearts.
I thought the guy playing Will Stronghold was quite decent in his acting, and lived out his character's angst and emotions quite well; and I especially liked Leila's powers of harnessing plant power with her green fingers, though Frank insists that it still makes her a sidekick, cos you don't get plants growing everywhere. -_-"""
Too bad it had to stop showing so soon.. Well, I won't spend another $7 watching it again (then again, i won't spend another $7 watching any movie twice. -_-"), but I still insists that its a pretty fun and enjoyable movie to relax and wind down. =D It just made my night. Haha..
Verdict? Well, seriously, I thought it was pretty well done.. =D Ok lah, might not be award-winning based on very very high standards, but it was good enough for me! =D Fleur was so pretty! Cho was ok lah.. -_-" And the rest of the girls were swooning over Tom Felton as Cedric Diggory, and admiring his sharp jaw line (to which I had to re-examine one of those publicity posters after the movie ended, to check if it was really sharp -_-") The girls thought Viktor was not handsome enough, which made me raise 1 eyebrow. It's sure hard to fathom a girl's mind. -_-"
Anyway, yepz, I liked the fact that the quidditch was done and over with in a few minutes, though when the movie started, I was pretty lost, cos its been a while since i last read the Goblet of Fire book. And the movie moved quickly into the exciting bits fast enough.. The challenges were quite well-filmed, especially the maze one, which was my favourite - though my only grouse was that it seemed that Fleur was like a wallpaper character, quite irrelevant rite? She more or less disappeared after the 2nd challenge when she came out early from the merpeople challenge.
2 haunting scenes still remain in my mind at times. The 1st must be the scene of Cedric dying in the graveyard. The acting was superb, I must admit. It was so sudden, so cold, and so sad, that some of the girls cried when their eye-candy died.. -_-""""
The other haunting scene was in the maze challenge, when Viktor Krum was imperio-ed. You know, after Fleur fell out, there was this scene in the maze when the 3 guys clashed, and Viktor blasted at Cedric? There was this fleeting shot of Viktor, with his eyes totally glazed over, which was creepy and haunting..
Yah, to have made such an impact, I thought it was quite a good movie.. =P of course, that's just my 2 cents worth..
Today: met up with Edwin, Frank & Chris to watch "Sky High" at Orchard Cineleisure. Its the last day of its running, (even GV has stopped showing it) and I was surprised that there were still quite a lot of people watching it, so that we were in the front half of the theatre. -_-" but the seats were still ok for the duration of the movie.
A casual glance and 1 may dismiss "Sky High" as a gimmicky movie for kids below 9 years of age. But hey, its seriously not a bad movie! =D It was light-hearted and funny, not the lame humour kind, but seriously entertaining and engaging humour. The characters were quite well played out, and captured the audiences' hearts.
I thought the guy playing Will Stronghold was quite decent in his acting, and lived out his character's angst and emotions quite well; and I especially liked Leila's powers of harnessing plant power with her green fingers, though Frank insists that it still makes her a sidekick, cos you don't get plants growing everywhere. -_-"""
Too bad it had to stop showing so soon.. Well, I won't spend another $7 watching it again (then again, i won't spend another $7 watching any movie twice. -_-"), but I still insists that its a pretty fun and enjoyable movie to relax and wind down. =D It just made my night. Haha..





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home