Caroling woes contd...
Isn't caroling supposed to be fun and happy? How come I'm not feeling this way? In fact, I'm feeling a little dis-illusioned about this whole affair.
After another caroling practice this afternoon, which went less than ideal, considering we didn't complete the entire repertoire, I'm left to wonder what will happen come Sunday. One of our key songs "Jingle Bells" is nowhere near perfection, the sops are having difficulty with their lines, even with my very airy falsetto, which so cannot pass on that day itself.
The non-score, secular, songs - we haven't even gone through them once yet. I'm sure not everybody knows who's supposed to sing what lines. We'll end up there looking like fools if someone screws up big time. Even though we did it on Thursday, it was only with Andrew & Hilda (a really big THANK YOU to the both of you for coming down to consistently. Ernest & I won't have survived without depending on your enthusiasm & energy..)
Then there's the matter of the special item. The props.. ARGH. The props. Bish. I forgot to bring it home. Ack. We need special coordination & rehearsal before the item on Sunday, and nothing's happening yet. Plus we have to get to Dr John Lee's house on Sunday pretty early for a mission trip talk.. Argh. I seriously have no idea what's going to happen. And the worse thing, no one seems to matter so much if we go there and lose face completely on Sunday, except a few of the M2s..
I dunno. Mebbe I am getting too old for this. We'll see what happens come Sunday.
*****
On happier notes, I went out with Linken, Edwin & Frank to celebrate Frank's birthday today.. Happy birthday Frank! =)
Quite a enjoyable evening out on the whole, and was really appreciative of Edwin when he specially came down from office, meeting us at 9pm even though his office was so far away, and without having his dinner first. Thank you Edwin! =) Haha.. and of course, Linken, for his entertaining conversations, and well, just being himself - thank you! =) You guys made me feel better after a otherwise not so high afternoon..
Haiz. Shall look on brighter sides tomorrow (or is it today now? =P). Long day ahead.. still meeting the rest of my JC class for dinner (tonight).. Hope that helps me destress b4 Sunday.. =P
After another caroling practice this afternoon, which went less than ideal, considering we didn't complete the entire repertoire, I'm left to wonder what will happen come Sunday. One of our key songs "Jingle Bells" is nowhere near perfection, the sops are having difficulty with their lines, even with my very airy falsetto, which so cannot pass on that day itself.
The non-score, secular, songs - we haven't even gone through them once yet. I'm sure not everybody knows who's supposed to sing what lines. We'll end up there looking like fools if someone screws up big time. Even though we did it on Thursday, it was only with Andrew & Hilda (a really big THANK YOU to the both of you for coming down to consistently. Ernest & I won't have survived without depending on your enthusiasm & energy..)
Then there's the matter of the special item. The props.. ARGH. The props. Bish. I forgot to bring it home. Ack. We need special coordination & rehearsal before the item on Sunday, and nothing's happening yet. Plus we have to get to Dr John Lee's house on Sunday pretty early for a mission trip talk.. Argh. I seriously have no idea what's going to happen. And the worse thing, no one seems to matter so much if we go there and lose face completely on Sunday, except a few of the M2s..
I dunno. Mebbe I am getting too old for this. We'll see what happens come Sunday.
*****
On happier notes, I went out with Linken, Edwin & Frank to celebrate Frank's birthday today.. Happy birthday Frank! =)
Quite a enjoyable evening out on the whole, and was really appreciative of Edwin when he specially came down from office, meeting us at 9pm even though his office was so far away, and without having his dinner first. Thank you Edwin! =) Haha.. and of course, Linken, for his entertaining conversations, and well, just being himself - thank you! =) You guys made me feel better after a otherwise not so high afternoon..
Haiz. Shall look on brighter sides tomorrow (or is it today now? =P). Long day ahead.. still meeting the rest of my JC class for dinner (tonight).. Hope that helps me destress b4 Sunday.. =P





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home