8th June, Sunday – New York (Day 4), Baltimore
Day 9
Oh yeah.. today’s another busy day, since we’re departing NY for Baltimore around noon, so that we can catch our flight on Monday to LAX (Los Angeles). Tried stuffing more attractions in the morning, but a twist of fate saw us onto the wrong train and resulted in a change of plans for the morning!
Ended up at New York’s Central Park! Its BIG… O_O so big, that I actually got lost. -_-“” Sheesh. Anyway, here’s some photos before I got lost!

Nice lake in the middle of the park..

Belvedere Castle..
Look at the number of people and kids playing baseball! =)

And there’s also a number of other attractions in the park! Check out this cool obelisk that’s Cleopatra’s needle! Beautiful hieroglyphs on the stone obelisk..

And here’s where I started to get lost. -_-“ Eh its not my fault loh. There was some BIG parade going on, which resulted in parts of Central Park being closed off to public access.. So my route was unceremoniously disrupted and I had to make a couple of detours.. Ran around trying to find the other touristy spots..
Here’s a statue of Alice in Wonderland! =) and her friends..

And Hans Christian Anderson, who’s reading a story to the ugly duckling.. guess what story he’s reading to it?

So after many circuitous routes and detours, I finally made my way down to 5th Avenue! Hoho.. A spot of morning shopping before departing to Baltimore?
My plans hit a snag as I had to return back to the hostel to check out at 11am, and by the time I came back to the 5th Avenue and Times Square area, things were getting pretty frantic – partially cos the parade resulted in the closing off of 5th Avenue and lots of pedestrians being diverted left, right and centre.

Chaos.. -_-
Still, managed to walk around Rockefeller Plaza and took some beautiful photos.. =)


After that, it was a mad rush back to the hostel to grab bags for our bus at 12.30pm!
********************
Arriving back in Baltimore at 4pm, we milled about the Inner Harbour area, grabbing dinner and using the time to just relax before heading over to the airport to tide the night over before our flight to LAX the next morning..
Oh yeah.. today’s another busy day, since we’re departing NY for Baltimore around noon, so that we can catch our flight on Monday to LAX (Los Angeles). Tried stuffing more attractions in the morning, but a twist of fate saw us onto the wrong train and resulted in a change of plans for the morning!
Ended up at New York’s Central Park! Its BIG… O_O so big, that I actually got lost. -_-“” Sheesh. Anyway, here’s some photos before I got lost!

Nice lake in the middle of the park..

Belvedere Castle..
Look at the number of people and kids playing baseball! =)

And there’s also a number of other attractions in the park! Check out this cool obelisk that’s Cleopatra’s needle! Beautiful hieroglyphs on the stone obelisk..

And here’s where I started to get lost. -_-“ Eh its not my fault loh. There was some BIG parade going on, which resulted in parts of Central Park being closed off to public access.. So my route was unceremoniously disrupted and I had to make a couple of detours.. Ran around trying to find the other touristy spots..
Here’s a statue of Alice in Wonderland! =) and her friends..

And Hans Christian Anderson, who’s reading a story to the ugly duckling.. guess what story he’s reading to it?

So after many circuitous routes and detours, I finally made my way down to 5th Avenue! Hoho.. A spot of morning shopping before departing to Baltimore?
My plans hit a snag as I had to return back to the hostel to check out at 11am, and by the time I came back to the 5th Avenue and Times Square area, things were getting pretty frantic – partially cos the parade resulted in the closing off of 5th Avenue and lots of pedestrians being diverted left, right and centre.

Chaos.. -_-
Still, managed to walk around Rockefeller Plaza and took some beautiful photos.. =)


After that, it was a mad rush back to the hostel to grab bags for our bus at 12.30pm!
********************
Arriving back in Baltimore at 4pm, we milled about the Inner Harbour area, grabbing dinner and using the time to just relax before heading over to the airport to tide the night over before our flight to LAX the next morning..





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home