dEaR dIaRy..

Monday, December 31, 2007

2007, A Recollection

Good bye 2007, and hellooo 2008!~

Phew! 2007 has been quite the year somehow, and I feel totally drained coming out of 2007, but going into 2008, the road doesn't seem much smoother for the next 4 weeks..

And as testament to 2007 being such a happening year, for the first time, I actually have to flip through my blog past entries to refresh myself on the happenings of the year. Wah. Quite a lot leh. No wonder I feel like I've survived 5 years instead of 1 year. =P

Anyway, as usual, here's my top 10 list of things / events which have shaped 2007 in my life: (in no particular order)

1) Cambodia
Photobucket
Definitely one of the highlights of this year! It was a simply fantabulous trip to Angkor Wat and other temples in Cambodia this year.. Just simply being there, soaking in the whole experience, amidst the jungles and ruins.. Simply amazing.

Photobucket
Of course, my first trip abroad with a different travelling group of friends.. Haha.. Let's just say we had our fare share of problems that popped up here and there, but glad that's settled. =)

2) Playhouse 2007
Photobucket
Playhouse 2007 returns here again, cos this year, we lost out on Best Play to the M2s, which I am still sore over. (ok, actually no, but I kinda like griping abt it here anyway. =P) But yeah, we totally should have won that! Nvm. Come Playhouse 2008, we are SO gonna sweep all the awards out there. Yeah!

3) Medicine Yearbook 2007 : Rejuve
Photobucket
Oooh yeah.. Another pet baby.. At the start, I seriously didn't think that it was going to come off at all.. Kudos to MC and JJ for the excellent organization and planning.. Am glad to be part of a mini-historic moment in the history of the yearbook! And it was a totally enjoyable journey! Never thought I'd go back to writing! =) (well, other than on this blog of course, which has seen a recent massive influx of posts in the recent week..)

4) Caroling 2007 - Reflections of an M4
Photobucket
Caroling makes it on the top 10 list once again, cos this year's was different somehow.. Being quite out of touch, yet still in the loop.. And definitely one of the best years ever!

5) O&G Posting
Haha, O&G posting actually made it to the top 10 list! Well, purely due to its intensity and hype surrounding it. Well, O&G is over now, but the results aren't out yet.. *gasp* yeah, it was a looonng and tortuous journey.. hope all of us survive!!!!

6) CHP Project
Photobucket
COFM's CHP project at the start of the year has definitely got to be one of the highlights of the year.. Well, it wasn't particularly enjoyable, but the company and friends certainly did make the journey so much sweeter! =) thanks guys!

7) CG24
Photobucket
The original CG 24!

Haha, as mentioned in my previous post, the magical 24 has followed me around ever since I entered clinical years.. From the original CG24 consisting of Barry, KH, Vic, Huiyu, HC and Mary, we teamed up again in the year's opening CHP project, together with members from our current CG24 of Janise, JJ, Jesmine.

Quite amazing. =)

Photobucket
The next CG 24, minus Pritish, Chris, plus Jaslin, Serene..

It has been more than 1 whole long year! I'm glad for such an enjoyable CG to work with.. even though we did had our ups and downs here and there, I daresay that we made it through the rain, coming out stronger and better.. I know I certainly did.. Thanks for the good times!

8) Extreme Cycling 42km : NParks PCN
Photobucket
Haha, this makes it here too! Cos I really wanted to go for it, and I can't believe we spent so long getting lost and completing the whole journey. It was definitely memorable, in more ways than 1!! =) Shall we go again soon? Maybe we can take the shorter 18km route.. =P

9)Relationship Potpourri
This umbrella term refers to the rather undulating journey of quite a few relationships in 2007.. Some which changed its nature.. Some which ended.. Some left suspended.. And thankfully, some mended and grew stronger. =)

Here's to a more mature me in 2008!

10) BYOB
For the uninitiated, that stands for Bring-Your-Own-Bible sessions @ Cana on every Thursday 7.30pm, spearheaded by Dr Victor Loh.. (And of course, there was the memorable Franciscan gathering sometime back in August..)Now, I don't profess to be very good at my theology - in fact, I think i'm quite terrible at it - but I think this is a good way for me to take a step closer to God.. =)

********************

Ok, there you have it - top 10 in the list of big happenings in my life in 2007.

What's yours?

Anyway, as we move into the new year 2008, I thank all you readers of this blog out there! I know I've been rather prolific these few days with the spate of many many posts, but thanks for bearing with me!

Wishing everyone out there, a very Happy and Blessed New Year 2008! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home