Public Health Screening 2007 - PHS 2007
Yes, its that time of the year again.. Time really flies indeed! I can still remember typing out my post for PHS 2006.. and before you know it, it's already 1 year down the road..
This year's Public Health Screening 2007 was held again at Toa Payoh HDB Hub.. not that i'm complaining, cos its relatively near my house.. Hehe..
Ordinarily if it wasn't for the Paeds posting test looming up in 3-4 days time, I might have signed up for 2 shifts. But as it is, guess I shall just be content with 1 shift to balance the time commitment.. Argh.
This morning was quite quiet for PHS standards I think. I remember seeing lots of people waiting to move onto the consultation portion last year.. This year, the queues on a Sunday morning was so much shorter, and I could actually spend a lot more time talking to each "patient". Of course, might have been that there were more consultation booths? Hhmmm.
Halfway through the morning session, it started pouring! Urf. Cos I was in the back half of the consultation booths, we were all pretty drenched from the rain pouring in.. The tables were soaked through, the top pamphlets were soggy, and the participants were getting wet too.. So paiseh. Hence, began the massive shift of the tables and the chairs from the back, to the side of the PHS.. The only drawback was the lack of patient privacy as we lost the shelter of the intervening white partitions..
The weather seemed to be in a rather playful mood today, for barely an hour later, the sun smiled down on the whole Toa Payoh HDB hub, and the decision for a 2nd mass migration back to our original booth locations was made. (partially spurred on by news that the Dean was gonna come down and check out the whole event, better make it look neater.. Hhmmm.) So the cycle was reversed and I found myself in a new consultation booth location. -_-"
Had quite an interesting mix of "patients" today.. From the standard BP, Blood glucose and BMI checks, to the dispensing of health advise, to writing "referral notes" to the polyclinics, and promoting FOBT, PAP Smears and Mammograms, it was quite a fruitful morning. =)
Time flew by quickly, and before I realised, it was already 2pm, and Chris, Jess, Kahyee and me were the only ones left from the morning shift.. Partially contributed by the mini-Biology lesson I had to give to the last Uncle who was asking questions about DM.. Hhmmm.. Interesting. =)
Enjoyable fun morning. =)
This year's Public Health Screening 2007 was held again at Toa Payoh HDB Hub.. not that i'm complaining, cos its relatively near my house.. Hehe..
Ordinarily if it wasn't for the Paeds posting test looming up in 3-4 days time, I might have signed up for 2 shifts. But as it is, guess I shall just be content with 1 shift to balance the time commitment.. Argh.
This morning was quite quiet for PHS standards I think. I remember seeing lots of people waiting to move onto the consultation portion last year.. This year, the queues on a Sunday morning was so much shorter, and I could actually spend a lot more time talking to each "patient". Of course, might have been that there were more consultation booths? Hhmmm.
Halfway through the morning session, it started pouring! Urf. Cos I was in the back half of the consultation booths, we were all pretty drenched from the rain pouring in.. The tables were soaked through, the top pamphlets were soggy, and the participants were getting wet too.. So paiseh. Hence, began the massive shift of the tables and the chairs from the back, to the side of the PHS.. The only drawback was the lack of patient privacy as we lost the shelter of the intervening white partitions..
The weather seemed to be in a rather playful mood today, for barely an hour later, the sun smiled down on the whole Toa Payoh HDB hub, and the decision for a 2nd mass migration back to our original booth locations was made. (partially spurred on by news that the Dean was gonna come down and check out the whole event, better make it look neater.. Hhmmm.) So the cycle was reversed and I found myself in a new consultation booth location. -_-"
Had quite an interesting mix of "patients" today.. From the standard BP, Blood glucose and BMI checks, to the dispensing of health advise, to writing "referral notes" to the polyclinics, and promoting FOBT, PAP Smears and Mammograms, it was quite a fruitful morning. =)
Time flew by quickly, and before I realised, it was already 2pm, and Chris, Jess, Kahyee and me were the only ones left from the morning shift.. Partially contributed by the mini-Biology lesson I had to give to the last Uncle who was asking questions about DM.. Hhmmm.. Interesting. =)
Enjoyable fun morning. =)





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home