The one on a poor tree & a movie theatre
Yesterday's Sunday Times ran 2 interesting articles.
The first, on the opening of the viaduct linking Bartley/Braddell Road to Lornie Road. Was quite excited by the whole thing cos i take that route daily to NUS/NUH, and was kinda looking forward to it this morning when I drove to school.
It was a pleasant drive up the new flyover, until the lane merger started and there was a mini-traffic snarl. But I suppose its nothing compared to the traffic snarl and traffic lights if I had taken the usual route through MacRitchie. Time saving? Approx 4 minutes (yep, the papers got it right on that one)
The return journey home the opposite way was a lot more pleasant though. The new flyover linking Lornie to Braddell was pleasantly void of cars even at rush hour of 7pm. I got a bit thrown off initially by the signage of "Toa Payoh, CTE" initially, cos I was expecting smth like "Bartley", but nevertheless, still managed to get on the right road, so shouldn't be a problem i guess.. =P
Pity such a beautiful and old tree had to be chopped down for this whole flyover.
********************
Secondly, there was the article ranking local cinemas in terms of the smell factor. Wasn't too surprised when Lido came out tops for the wrong reasons.
I remember my post sometime back in October 2007 when I lampooned the Lido theatre in a post about Lust. Caution. which I had watched there. (refer post) Guess some things haven't changed.
The first, on the opening of the viaduct linking Bartley/Braddell Road to Lornie Road. Was quite excited by the whole thing cos i take that route daily to NUS/NUH, and was kinda looking forward to it this morning when I drove to school.
It was a pleasant drive up the new flyover, until the lane merger started and there was a mini-traffic snarl. But I suppose its nothing compared to the traffic snarl and traffic lights if I had taken the usual route through MacRitchie. Time saving? Approx 4 minutes (yep, the papers got it right on that one)
The return journey home the opposite way was a lot more pleasant though. The new flyover linking Lornie to Braddell was pleasantly void of cars even at rush hour of 7pm. I got a bit thrown off initially by the signage of "Toa Payoh, CTE" initially, cos I was expecting smth like "Bartley", but nevertheless, still managed to get on the right road, so shouldn't be a problem i guess.. =P
Pity such a beautiful and old tree had to be chopped down for this whole flyover.
********************
Secondly, there was the article ranking local cinemas in terms of the smell factor. Wasn't too surprised when Lido came out tops for the wrong reasons.
I remember my post sometime back in October 2007 when I lampooned the Lido theatre in a post about Lust. Caution. which I had watched there. (refer post) Guess some things haven't changed.





3 Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
By
iml, at 12:07 PM
Lookng forward to the opening too as I drive there to NJC.However, it's the bottle neck around SICC traffic light that still needs some tweaking.
By
iml, at 12:08 PM
Hi iml, thanks for the comments!
Yep, agree that the bottleneck at SICC traffic light is another bugbear during rush hour. But guess the residents who live in that area may need that traffic light?
i'm looking forward more to the ease of the other bottleneck at Farrer Road area St Margaret's Sec cos of the massive construction works there. Guess it doesn't affect you since you're heading down to NJC.. ;)
By
Alvin, at 6:20 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home