The concept of "ME" time..
Now that I'm driving almost everyday to school / hospital - save when I'm at SGH and the NEL proves its use - driving has somewhat lost its initial "appeal".. Somewhat like a mode of transport? So i'm trying to taichi the driving during the weekends to my brother when we go out together.. =P Kinda nice sitting in the backseat and watching the scenery go by..
Oh, but I love driving in the mornings, cos driving in the morning is ME time! =) Driving down the early morning Singapore roads, listening to my favourite FM 93.3, and otherwise enjoying the tranquility and peace of the morning.. Everyone needs their own me time sometimes, to recharge your batteries, and to feel, well, sane..
Not that I dun like to offer rides to people in the morning.. In fact, as my mom said, its a joy and privilege to be able to offer someone else a ride! Think about it.. of course, i'm sure all drivers don't expect anything in return, just that we'll all pass the favour around to other people around us somewhere down the timeline, cos i'm sure we've all been recipients of rides sometime in our lives.. =)
Anyway yeah, i do enjoy giving people rides, cos the interaction during those rides is of a rather different dimension.. But if you're sitting in with me on my first ride of the day in the early morning, just dun feel offended if I don't talk much, as I absorb and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the morning..
Oh, but I love driving in the mornings, cos driving in the morning is ME time! =) Driving down the early morning Singapore roads, listening to my favourite FM 93.3, and otherwise enjoying the tranquility and peace of the morning.. Everyone needs their own me time sometimes, to recharge your batteries, and to feel, well, sane..
Not that I dun like to offer rides to people in the morning.. In fact, as my mom said, its a joy and privilege to be able to offer someone else a ride! Think about it.. of course, i'm sure all drivers don't expect anything in return, just that we'll all pass the favour around to other people around us somewhere down the timeline, cos i'm sure we've all been recipients of rides sometime in our lives.. =)
Anyway yeah, i do enjoy giving people rides, cos the interaction during those rides is of a rather different dimension.. But if you're sitting in with me on my first ride of the day in the early morning, just dun feel offended if I don't talk much, as I absorb and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the morning..





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home