dEaR dIaRy..

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Back!

I'm back! =P Now that the Pharmaco & COFM Pros are hopefully out of the way, Family Medicine posting looms just over this weekend.. Bummer. So much for a rest.

After the COFM paper, the year-book team headed down to Vivocity for lunch at Carl's Junior, followed by a visit to 2 printers at the Alexandra area. For my first visit to the printers, I must admit that I was pretty charmed by both companies' presentation. Hhmmm. Quotations? =P

What was highly entertaining though, was that of Barry's, ahem, "relationship" with the second printing company's sales rep. Wah.. The open banter, the cross fire, and the verbal jousting - the electric was palpable in the atmosphere. No further comments. Hee.

Oh, then i totally humiliated myself at the carpark elevator lobby. -_-" You see, the elevator panel to call for the lift consisted of 3 black screens - a central long black screen with the floor number displayed in LCD on it, with 2 smaller square black screens symmetrically placed above and below the central rectangular screen. So, I thought that yeah, cool! Touch screen! So i pressed the upper black screen to call for the elevator to go up to the 2nd floor to pay the parking ticket.

Jab.

Poke. Double-poke.

Eh. why nothing one. -_-

Then Barry calmly pressed this small oval button right at the bottom of the panel to call for the elevator.

*wishes a black hole will open up and swallow me into the ground*

Darn malu-ating lah. wah lau. Barry and Chris (Ho) were just standing there and laughing lah. -_-""""""

Sheesh.

I hate the PSA building carpark. -_-

**********

Headed up to Dave's house after dropping the year book team off at Vivocity.. I realise that it's one thing to drive a car with a passenger giving you directions, and it's a totally different thing driving by yourself to a spanking new destination (which you have no idea of how to get there), and struggling to read the map in between red lights. So began my little adventure spanning the CTE - SLE - Upper Thomson Road.

*navigation skills up 5 points*

Finally able to take the extreme right lane on the CTE by virtue of my long continuous journey into SLE, I was actually pleasantly surprised at the ease at which I found the correct exit off the SLE. A quick stop at a bus stop to recheck directions showed that I was actually in the right direction, and was barely a 5 minute drive from his new house.. Oh, I bet I pissed off the car behind me whilst I was slowly navigating the small lanes to check out the correct lane to turn into.. hee hee.. not my fault lah.. the area is so totally new loh, so new that it was marked "U/C" on my streetdirectory. -_-

Anyway, Dave's new house is nice. Mmm. The design is totally up my alley with its zen-ness. Hee. Though a downside of a mild green house effect in the day when the sun shines in a particular direction, it was offset by the zen-like sparcity of the deco at appropriate placing, nifty incorporation of design of cabinets and toilet doors to blend literally right in with the wall paper, and the cool wading pool. *Oh Dave, do consider installing some jacuzzi jets. Lolz. =)

Oh, and i love your room to bits. =)

Had a hilarious time watcing the Family Stone vcd, whilst arguing with Susan and Janice over the useless male lead character, the pretty sister of the female lead charcter, and the even prettier youngest sister of the male lead character. Post dinner consisted of stress-relieving card game of heart-attack, followed by a wonderful night stroll of the playground near his house.

There must be something appealing about playgrounds. Previously not one for the playground, i enjoyed watching the young kids having fun with the latest fanciful playground designs (yes, reminding myself that i'm going to be 22 years old in less than 3 months' time); trying out some of the new gadgets myself; and just lazing under the star-lit sky of Sembawang, enjoying the cool air and tranquil night, and the wonderful company of friends. Mmmm.

A brilliant way to end off a trying period. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home