I feel quite relieved. The responsibilty's been lifted off - at least for the moment, while I await the product to be screened and processed - of course, ready to jump back in to improve upon the elders' advices. On that note, my heartfelt thanks to Dr Luo Nan, who tirelessly offered his help, especially to me, this pesky M3, who keeps bugging him with my drafts of data analyses, and seeks his views and opinions. Thank you, Dr Luo!
Am really grateful to the great team I have, working with me! Even though I had difficulty delegating work, many people still sms-ed me and asked if I needed help. Thank you so much for your offers and words of encouragement! Other wonderful people who aren't in my team, yet are always there to help and assist; friends; reliable partner-in-crime an fellow ICs - this CHP team has certainly been a wonderful group of people to work with! =)
Just came back from another session at Mind's Cafe at Boat Quay with some of the CHP people. It started off as a quick jaunt to Chinatown to k-box after a whole day hiding in the com lab thrashing out work, where we trekked to Smith's Street for lunch-dinner at 6pm. Mmmm.. the mutton soup there is quite good.. =) a rain-check was put on the k-box, and we headed to Settler's Cafe, where we were greeted by the "CLOSED" sign -_-" apparently it is now closed every monday, effective 2007. -_-"
So off we treked to Mind's Cafe, where we spent a wonderful 2.5 hours playing board games from Snorta, to Taboo, and to some card game where I kept dying cause I would bu4 gong1 zi4 po4 in the process of trying to sabo pple. -_-"
*****
This few weeks have made me review a few relationships in new light. Is it true that when you're more emotionally vulnerable - say, due to stress or other factors - you tend to do more of your emotional evaluation and rethinking of the meaning of life?
Anyway, the first involved a really good close friend whom I've known since a long time. Time changes everyone. I'm sure I've changed a bit, just that I don't really know and not very clear about. Hope I've changed for the better. Anyway, coming back to the topic, I ended up bemoaning about the change in, say X, to another common close friend. He mentioned that the change in X is not a superficial change. Things ain't all that simple. Thing I would have never imagined him doing, asking, saying - all have changed. My impression has changed. And frankly, I don't think I like too much of the new him. But yet, this sentimental fool of me has never been known to give up on my friendships easily. How do I bring him back? The old virtues which he was well-liked for. You may look cooler now, and feel more confident - but shouldn't people like you for who you are, and not what you look like, or speak like? I don't wanna take drastic measures, but please don't force my hand. Whatever happens in the future, I just want you to know that we're still here for you - waiting for you when you come full circle from your adventure of self-discovery. Always here. =)
Similarly, this few weeks have made me relook my relationship with another friend, Y. I do not discriminate. If I did, it would be really obvious. I do not mince my words much usually (double-edged sword). I don't know what you think, but there are certain things that I stand-by very strongly. My religion, my family, my values, and my friends. I have always stood by yourside, while the others have casted aspersions on your moral character and behaviour. Have I been viewing things through tinted glasses as a result? Or am I wearing them now? Cause now when I read and hear about certain things, I start being able to see both sides of the story more clearer than before. I won't say I'm confused, cos I know what things you are capable of. This post might sound harsh, but one of my more well known traits is that my bark is worse than my bite. I just want you to know that, no matter what, I am here for you too. No one ever said that the road was smooth. And we are always here to ease the way and help see you through. Don't give up. Just as for X, I'll always be here for you too.
*just to pre-empt any silly remarks on BGR or anything, this post is so NOT about the BGR type of relationships. -_-
Am really grateful to the great team I have, working with me! Even though I had difficulty delegating work, many people still sms-ed me and asked if I needed help. Thank you so much for your offers and words of encouragement! Other wonderful people who aren't in my team, yet are always there to help and assist; friends; reliable partner-in-crime an fellow ICs - this CHP team has certainly been a wonderful group of people to work with! =)
Just came back from another session at Mind's Cafe at Boat Quay with some of the CHP people. It started off as a quick jaunt to Chinatown to k-box after a whole day hiding in the com lab thrashing out work, where we trekked to Smith's Street for lunch-dinner at 6pm. Mmmm.. the mutton soup there is quite good.. =) a rain-check was put on the k-box, and we headed to Settler's Cafe, where we were greeted by the "CLOSED" sign -_-" apparently it is now closed every monday, effective 2007. -_-"
So off we treked to Mind's Cafe, where we spent a wonderful 2.5 hours playing board games from Snorta, to Taboo, and to some card game where I kept dying cause I would bu4 gong1 zi4 po4 in the process of trying to sabo pple. -_-"
*****
This few weeks have made me review a few relationships in new light. Is it true that when you're more emotionally vulnerable - say, due to stress or other factors - you tend to do more of your emotional evaluation and rethinking of the meaning of life?
Anyway, the first involved a really good close friend whom I've known since a long time. Time changes everyone. I'm sure I've changed a bit, just that I don't really know and not very clear about. Hope I've changed for the better. Anyway, coming back to the topic, I ended up bemoaning about the change in, say X, to another common close friend. He mentioned that the change in X is not a superficial change. Things ain't all that simple. Thing I would have never imagined him doing, asking, saying - all have changed. My impression has changed. And frankly, I don't think I like too much of the new him. But yet, this sentimental fool of me has never been known to give up on my friendships easily. How do I bring him back? The old virtues which he was well-liked for. You may look cooler now, and feel more confident - but shouldn't people like you for who you are, and not what you look like, or speak like? I don't wanna take drastic measures, but please don't force my hand. Whatever happens in the future, I just want you to know that we're still here for you - waiting for you when you come full circle from your adventure of self-discovery. Always here. =)
Similarly, this few weeks have made me relook my relationship with another friend, Y. I do not discriminate. If I did, it would be really obvious. I do not mince my words much usually (double-edged sword). I don't know what you think, but there are certain things that I stand-by very strongly. My religion, my family, my values, and my friends. I have always stood by yourside, while the others have casted aspersions on your moral character and behaviour. Have I been viewing things through tinted glasses as a result? Or am I wearing them now? Cause now when I read and hear about certain things, I start being able to see both sides of the story more clearer than before. I won't say I'm confused, cos I know what things you are capable of. This post might sound harsh, but one of my more well known traits is that my bark is worse than my bite. I just want you to know that, no matter what, I am here for you too. No one ever said that the road was smooth. And we are always here to ease the way and help see you through. Don't give up. Just as for X, I'll always be here for you too.
*just to pre-empt any silly remarks on BGR or anything, this post is so NOT about the BGR type of relationships. -_-





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home