dEaR dIaRy..

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Wet Skies..

The skies haven exactly been dry recently, with the talk of the town being the flooding of the poor nurseries along Thomson Road..

Still can't believe that I was actually along that road at that exact time! Coming from Bt Timah Road from Jiawei's house after picking up the bbq pit for JX's bbq, I missed the turning into Lornie Road, my usual route home, cos I was too far right to cut back into the left turning lane. -_-" So needless to say, i had to alter my route to SCGS - Mt Pleasant - PIE - Police Academy - Thomson Road - Macritchie.

So as we travelled down Thomson Road, I switched lanes to the 3rd lane cos the left 2 lanes were going really too slowly for my patience. And soon, I saw (Ok fine, so i didn't exactly see it, but all the other 3 pple in my car were gaping open mouthed at the flooded nurseries on the left) There was this taxi which was literally sinking headfirst into the floods.. The portable toilets were floating about.. The flowers were drowning under the unforgiving floods gushing from the nearby overspilling Macritchie Reservoir.

And the 2 roads which I found slow, were actually flooded!! Wah. Somehow I don't tink my car is insured against floods (in fact, i don't tink that cars in Singapore are usually insured against floods, are they?) anyway, by a stroke of luck, I was actually on a dry lane.. *phew*

The going was slow as we proceeded towards Macritchie, where traffic police were busy coordinating the traffic flow, what with the WHOLE Lornie Road region blocked off as the road was literally under water. Wah. So on hindsight, it was a GOOD thing that I missed the turning into Lornie Road from Dunearn Road earlier, otherwise I'd be in a jam that would have stretched on and on and on..

That saying, my sympathies to the poor people affected by the floods.. Hope the new year will be better for them!

*Oh, I can't believe i'm saying this, but i tink i'm getting sick of driving. =P After 1 month plus of driving almost daily to school, the novelty has kinda worn off. I tink i've progressed to the stage where i prefer to be driven around. Hee hee.. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home