CB vivas
Went back down to sch for CB vivas today. Got quite lost trying to find the place. I mean - with an address like #03-07, who knows where the place is?? I even had the fortune of asking 2 staff of the CB track building, who gave me such blank looks. See? Even the staff doesn't know the room numbers. Anyway, they were pretty helpful with directions.. And so i wondered around until I met Jessica. =)
Anyway, CB was in a way like anat viva. There was this really funny external examiner - can't really remember his name. Anyway, they were asking quite a bit of not-so-relevant stuff, like which topics I found interesting, what books do I read in my spare time.. I was like, huh? Ok.. -_-"
Yah, then the guy started picking up my test-papers, and going: "Oh, so, do you think that you understood the syllabus, or do you think that you have done a good job memorising the information?" (or smth to that extent)
Anyway, I was really irked by the insinuation, so i jabbed back pointedly, in front of the 2 NUS professors, "I am sure that the Professors are able to set application-based questions." To which he hurriedly went, "Of course, of course..."
Yah rite. And with that "Of course", OF COURSE it went downhill. =( Bleah. Talk abt starting off on the wrong foot. Too many out-of-syllabus questions. Argh!! Well, it won't be called a viva if everything was taught rite? Sigh. Another disaster.
Nvm. Shan't elaborate on the other questions. Was trying to smoke my way here and there a little.. =P wonder how much of it they bought.. Haha.. =P
Anyway, back to my holidays!! *With a tiny glitch* i'm grounded for the next week to rest at home while my platelets rise some more - no float, no nothing.. Except lunch appointments. You reading this, Frank? Sorry abt your badminton booking.. Why don't you go on ahead with the rest, then i'll join you all for lunch after that or smth..
Anyway, CB was in a way like anat viva. There was this really funny external examiner - can't really remember his name. Anyway, they were asking quite a bit of not-so-relevant stuff, like which topics I found interesting, what books do I read in my spare time.. I was like, huh? Ok.. -_-"
Yah, then the guy started picking up my test-papers, and going: "Oh, so, do you think that you understood the syllabus, or do you think that you have done a good job memorising the information?" (or smth to that extent)
Anyway, I was really irked by the insinuation, so i jabbed back pointedly, in front of the 2 NUS professors, "I am sure that the Professors are able to set application-based questions." To which he hurriedly went, "Of course, of course..."
Yah rite. And with that "Of course", OF COURSE it went downhill. =( Bleah. Talk abt starting off on the wrong foot. Too many out-of-syllabus questions. Argh!! Well, it won't be called a viva if everything was taught rite? Sigh. Another disaster.
Nvm. Shan't elaborate on the other questions. Was trying to smoke my way here and there a little.. =P wonder how much of it they bought.. Haha.. =P
Anyway, back to my holidays!! *With a tiny glitch* i'm grounded for the next week to rest at home while my platelets rise some more - no float, no nothing.. Except lunch appointments. You reading this, Frank? Sorry abt your badminton booking.. Why don't you go on ahead with the rest, then i'll join you all for lunch after that or smth..





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home